Victoria Confirms Continuation of Solar and Battery Rebates
Following on from the Victorian Budget announcements, it has been confirmed that the Solar Homes rebates and interest free loans will maintain their current level until 30 June 2021.
To further reduce installation costs, householders can apply for an interest-free loan for an amount equivalent to their rebate amount. The loan is required to be repaid over four years or can be repaid sooner in one lump sum.
The rebates amounts are as follows:
- Solar PV – Rebate of up to $1,850 + option of an interest-free loan up to approved rebate value.
- Solar for rental properties – Rebate of up to $1,850 + option of an interest-free loan up to approved rebate value.
- Solar battery rebate – Rebate of up to $4,174. Note: interest free loans are not available under the Solar battery rebate program.
- Solar Hot Water rebate – Rebate of $1,000.
Applicants must understand their eligibility for a rebate application and can then contact us.
Am I Eligible?
Victorian households are eligible to receive a rebate for installing a solar PV system if they meet the following criteria:
- they are the owner-occupier of the property
- the owners have a combined household taxable income of less than $180,000 per year (based on last year’s Australian Tax Office Notice of Assessment)
- it is an existing property, valued at under $3 million
- they do not have an existing solar PV system*.
Once you are confident that you meet the above requirements, please contact us on 1800 289 665 or email@example.com
* Early adopters who installed their system prior to 1 November 2009 are eligible to replace or expand their existing system. However, those receiving the Premium Feed-in Tariff should consider whether they will be better off if they replace their existing system.
Interest Free Loans
To further reduce costs, owner-occupiers can apply for an interest-free loan, for an amount equivalent to their rebate amount.
An interest-free loan, matching the rebate amount, is also available for most solar panel (PV) applications.
In line with the existing rebate, the new interest-free loan can be applied up to an amount of $1,850. If your total system cost is less than $3,700, there will be no upfront cost.
The loan is required to be repaid over four years, or can be repaid sooner in one lump sum.