Investing in solar panels is an intelligent choice that can save you hundreds of dollars in years to come. Whether you have selected solar for playing your part in generating clean energy or just wanted to reduce your electricity bills, proper maintenance is a boon that can further improve the performance of a rooftop solar installation and make it work just like new.
Why Do Solar Panels Need Regular Cleaning?
Over time, the functioning of solar panels may degrade with the accumulation of dirt and debris that can really affect the efficiency of solar systems by up to 25 per cent. Also, rain and bad weather conditions can wash away the dirt and bird droppings directly onto the panels, which can make them hard to produce energy.
Though solar panel cleaning is not a tough job, it can be actually dangerous for naives to climb up the rooftop with wiring all around. The best solution is to call on a professional solar installer having prior expertise in installing and cleaning all types and sizes of solar systems.
Most Recommended Ways To Clean Solar Panels
- Connect a water hose from ground level to clean the panels.
- Use ground level water hose for rinsing the rooftop solar systems.
- Try using isopropyl alcohol as an ideal method to clean stubborn stains.
- Use soft bristled brushes and plastic mesh to scrub the dirty surface.
Expert Tips For Top Class DIY Solar Panel Cleaning
For homeowners who want to save money with do-it-yourself cleaning for solar panels, examine the panels carefully to stay on the safe side. Utilise quality equipment and chemical-free products to avoid any harm to the panels. Some easy yet effective cleaning tips include:
- Take a long extension pole with a special sponge pad attachment to clean your panels from the ground. Use a squeegee and a soft cloth to smoothly clean the panel glass without making any scratches.
- Combining a simple dish soap and warm water solution can also do the job. In case of oily residue accumulation, rubbing alcohol diluted in water is considered the best choice.
- The other option is to use a liquid cleaner that ensures a scratch-less cleaning and allows the water to evaporate quickly, thereby avoiding any water stains.
- Rinse the panels thoroughly with pure water, as hard water may leave streaks and spots on the panels that may ruin their appeal.
When To Bring In A Solar Cleaning Expert?
If you have a rooftop solar installation, hiring a solar cleaning expert to keep your panels in shape is the best choice. By having professionals by your side, there’s no need to worry about quality cleaning, safety, and compliance. Along with saving you with the inconvenience of having to ascend the roof, experts are always equipped with the best equipment to deliver reliable services.
At Online Air and Solar, our team of solar installers specialise in the installation, cleaning, and maintenance of solar panels of all types and sizes. If you are up with a solar cleaning project, feel free to contact us right away.